Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Responses to Thurber Satire

"The Little Girl and the Wolf"
This story started out extremely similar to Little Red Riding Hood. I then made fun of how obvious it would be that a wolf was dressed as your grandmother. It was also funny that then the girl pulls out a gun from her basket and shoots the wolf. This was a much more realistic aproach to the situation if it happened (other than the talking wolf and young girl with the gun).

"The Bear"
I didn't see any connection to other fables or stories but I thought this was very funny. I was not expecting the ending. It seems that this author tends to have very comically harsh and blunt endings to his story that aren't a "happy ever after".

"The Princess And The Tin Box; A Fable For Our Time"
This story tricked me probably because I'm so used to typical fairytales laid out like this. It had a funny moral at the end and made you feel dumb for thinking shed choose the tin box. I feel like I remember a story very similar to this but dont remmeber too well. This was funny and I also liked how he went into such ridiculous depth on how extavegant of a life she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment